Monday, February 13, 2012

Major Update!

Here is the latest cut of my Demo Reel! It is a compilation of some of my best works for my own work as well as for others.



Shot List:
Shot 1: 03:00 - 05:15 ~ Jump and Run for Lane Ngo's film "Olive"
Shot 2: 05:16 - 08:11 ~ Frenchy hops up, grabs wine bottle, and jumps down for my film "Mijoté"
Shot 3: 08:12 - 13:16 ~ Frenchy walks to the stove, steps up then sets his pot down for my film "Mijoté"
Shot 4: 13:17 - 19:03 ~ Mickey Mouse tries to move a heavy ball but has to improvise
Shot 5: 19:04 - 21:04 ~ Charlie Brown informs us of his Mountain Dew addiction
Shot 6: 21:05 - 27:05 ~ Two segments from credits for Erica Lopez's film "Hooward"
Shot 7: 27:06 - 30:22 ~ Two shots from my 2D Production film "Ant That a Coincidence?"

As well, here is a PDF of my Résumé:
Jake Mittleman Résumé
I've also been diligently working on my film "Mijoté"
The animation is coming along. I recently edited the story down per one of my professor's suggestions and it looks much clearer and easier to understand.

Here's my latest rough cut of my film. Unfortunately I need to keep it private, but if you have the password, enter it in and enjoy!


Here's a clip from my film that everyone can see. (I wouldn't leave you guys out!)

This is a WIP painting I've started doing for fun.
From Rough to Refined
I wanted the frog to have a cartoon look but still have the anatomy of a frog. In other words...
Michigan J. Frog is a good example of what I thought was "too human"

Frenchy's Hidden Intentions

I'm about halfway through the quarter and it's time to start experimenting with how I want the film to look. I have a grasp on painting the environment (however I need to learn how to animate in Photoshop so I can paint in it.), however painting the character is a different story. He can't be painted exactly the same, but I want the style seen in the art direction in the previous post.

This is also just practice for my painting skills.

Also, I've been doing quite a bit of life drawing/observation drawing. Improving Improving.

 

 

 



It's an ongoing process, and I really enjoy seeing my progress and improvement!

 
 

 


Some character design concepts and studies I did for our local Digital Cell professor Michael Jantze's short "A Bump in the Night". The girls are concept drawings and the monster with horns (who's name is Boog) are studies and experiments with moving the character around.

And that's all she wrote! More updates coming soon! I am currently working on a flatbook and will post updates on how that is going as soon as I have them!

-Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment